Chartered Accountants

London +44 (0)20 7710 5300
Reading +44 (0)118 402 8763
Dublin +353 (0)1 568 6789

Carbon Accountancy

80–83 Long Lane
London EC1A 9ET

Reading Enterprise Centre

Tax services

Taxation can be a minefield for many clients. We are able to guide you through this area in a way that is easy to understand.

Tax services

Research & Development (R&D) tax credits from HMRC can either reduce a company's tax bill or in some cases provide a refund of PAYE/NI contributions.

In brief

  • R&D tax credits HMRC
  • for technology companies
  • reduce tax bill or receive a cash sum
  • we offer fixed-fee or success-only fee
  • research and development tax credit from HMRC

Get in touch

To discuss this service further –
+44 (0)20 7710 5300
or email us

R&D tax credits HMRC

Research and development (R&D) tax credits from HMRC. If you can answer yes to the following question then you probably qualify for R&D (Research and Development) Tax Credits from HMRC that will give you cash for your business:

  • Are you a research or technology company or do you undertake research or technology development?

Many companies are entitled to R&D Tax Credits even if they have no profits against which to offset the expenditure. You can sell your tax losses back to HMRC.

Many businesses have not made any claims for R&D Tax Credits because the system is complex and the perception is that HM Revenue and Customs do not like paying out. Carbon Accountancy has extensive experience is dealing with research and development (R&D) Tax Credits from HMRC – including a full understanding of the nuances applied by HM Revenue and Customs.

If you would like to discuss whether your business is likely to qualify please contact us.

We are confident that we can offer your business the right solution and are therefore willing to complete R&D Tax Credit claims on one of three fee bases (you choose) as follows:

  • Fixed-fee
  • Success-only fee
  • Combination of lower fixed-fee and success-only fee

Related information

Company accounts

Tax services